Sunday, June 14, 2009

A true testament of the times......


okay....so in case everyone doesn't know this already, let me fill you in! A rather large storm blew through here on Friday and knocked down just about every power pole in the area...so we have been without power since about 2:30 Friday afternoon...I have to admit that I am so spoiled and don't know what to do without power. Every where I have gone over the last two and a half days I have taken my computer and cell phone chargers so I can keep all my electronics charged because heaven help me if I have to do without facebook for a few days!!! Aint that just a true testament of the time!!!!! Actually Friday afternoon I came home to no power and ran down the battery of my lap top. We went out to dinner Friday night with Paul and Kay and slept with all the windows open in the house until Michael started getting wet from the rain outside. The first night wasn't so bad. Then yesterday Michael had to do some work at the church so while we were there I borrowed their electricity and hot water to wash my face. Then Michael asked if we could borrow his dad's bosses generator, and THANK GOD they said yes. I have to admit Bill's generator is capable of powering our entire house...of course since we can't really afford to use that much gas we're just running the basics...like the laptop lol. JK....just the air fridge and hot water heater is all. Last night Carrie fed us and then today we had potluck at church. Tonight Tammy fed us some really yummy enchalads and we had a nice visit!!! I love having friends to help me out having good friends has really saved us from a potentially very expensive weekend! Plus we managed to save all the groceries in fridge/freezer! Thanks everyone!!!

0 comments:

 

My Crazy Life Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez