Thursday, July 9, 2009

Blogging Break


So I guess I have been taking an unintentional blogging break...I really didn't mean to, it just kinda took a place on the back burner. Things in our lives have been sooooooo busy for about the last month. We have been having some vehicle trouble. A couple of weeks ago my SUV broke down and left me stuck on the side of the road, that same day Michael started having trouble with the battery on his car and the truck is not a good back up vehicle because it needs a new transmission and hasn't been able to go over 35 mph for a long time. So needless to say it was a huge blessing to get my SUV back on the road...the part only cost $400 to fix not including labor...Michael was able to fix it himself. Thank you God for a handy hubby. I still think it is almost time to retire the SUV now every time I touch the breaks the left blinker blinks and the right one comes on solid...I look like a goof ball who is trying to turn left everytime I stop at a stop light. Pray for us, we are actually looking at a new car, pray that God will open up the doors for us to be able to get it! This weeks has also been a crazy one, Michael got the SUV back on the road just in time to make an emergency trip to North West Arkansas to go to a funeral. On friday Michale Grandpa D passed away and the funeral was Monday. Pop was a good man and he had a beautiful service. Michael was honored to be a pole bearer in Pop's service and it meant a lot to him to be there for his Grandma. It was nice to see her and she talked a lot more than usual. I pray that God is giving her peace as she adjusts to being by herself once again.
This week we are preparing for church camp, and it has been a VERY STRESSFUL preparation time. We are just so busy and had a short week to get ready. Things finally seem to be coming together, but I am still a little stressed. It has been a full week of the kids cancling going to camp and me having to scramble to find someone to fill in their non-refundable spots. I just don't get it though, really, who doesn't want to go to church camp?????? Its amazing to me how that has all unfolded. Next year I think I will have to be a little less flexible. All of that aside almost all of the laundry is finished and our clothes are packed for the trip. Even our snacks are all ready to go. I am very excited about the trip, please keep our teenagers in your prayers as we travel three hours away to have a close encounter with God. Pray that they don't kill each other and that they come away with a fresh sense of our savior and the sacrifice he has made for them.
I guess that is really all I have to say for tonight, maybe once we actually get to camp I will get a chance to slow down a little and get some rest.

0 comments:

 

My Crazy Life Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez